After giving you, pork recipe today I want to share with you my personal favorite lamb recipe.
- 3 lbs Lamb Shanks
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Whole Cumin Seeds
- 10 Whole Cloves
- 2 pods Cardamom
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2? knob of ginger grated
- 2 Onions, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons Sugar
- 12 ounces Stout Beer (like Guinness)
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 12 ounces fresh Cranberries
- Generously salt and pepper the lamb shanks.
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed pot with a lid on medium-high heat until very hot and add the oil.
- Sear the shanks until golden brown on all sides and transfer to a plate.
- Add the cumin, cloves, and cardamom and swirl in the oil until you start to hear them pop.
- Add the garlic, ginger, onions, sugar, and sauté until soft and very fragrant.
- Add the beer to deglaze and let reduce by half.
- Add beef stock and cranberries, stir together, then nestle the lamb shanks into the cranberries and onions.
- Cover pot with a tight-fitting lid and let braise for 3 hours in a 300-degree oven.